Wednesday, September 22, 2004

The Great Fish Search Continues...

EXOTIC TROPICALS has a $100 minimum order and appears to ship only by air freight.

Anchor Bay Aquarium seems a little on the pricey side for their fish, but not as bad as some. They seem to realize that shipping prohibits many aquarists from going the mail order route and suggest that you go in on a shipment with friends. Not a bad idea... wish I knew some folks in my neck of the woods (south of Boston, and just north of Providence) to do this with.

African Aquatics is about the same as Anchor Bay Aquarium.... perhaps a little pricier.

Amazing Aquatics has many Malawi Cichlids, but not many Tanganyikans. And again, I think they are a bit pricey. (I'm sounding like a broken record.... it's just that I have seen a few price lists with cheaper fish on them!)

Tropical fish on the Net has a $75 minimum and not much in the way of Tanganyikans. In fact, I think all of the African Cichlids are from Malawi.

Uncle Ned's Fish Factory is where I got my fish to start my tanks. I think I got six fish for around $100..... in retrospect I feel like I paid too much. The store is cool to visit, because they have such a wide variety of fish there. But the prices are high, and the service is not always superb. The guy who waited on me left me standing in front of a tank for a long time while he did something else (not sure what).... and this was after I had already picked out the fish. Anyway, this is their site. They do ship, and I think their shipping rates are pretty reasonable.

That's it for tonight....

No comments: