Saturday, January 29, 2005

Water Changes on 55 and 20 Gallon Tanks

Been pretty busy at work lately, plus all of the snow we had earlier this week really threw me off schedule. I did manage to do a water change on both aquariums, though. But I did not manage to post to this blog about it... at least not until now. So now I'm trying to remember which day it was that I actually did the cleaning. I'm pretty sure it was Wednesday 1/26.

I also installed the new power filter on the back of the 20 gallon. Unfortunately, my original plan of putting some of the media from one of the sponge filters into the filter didn't work out -- too big for the box. So new plan: I decided to shut one sponge filter down (but leave it in the tank) and leave the other one running. Hopefully the good bacteria growing on the sponge filters will spread quickly to the new power filter. I'll give the it a little time to build up some good bacteria colonies in it and on it's biowheel. Then I'll shut down the other sponge filter and remove both from the tank. So far, all seems to be going well in the tank.

No comments: